Autumn in the Vineyard Photography Workshop w/Lori Sortino
Sunday October 6th @ 10:00am - 4:00pm
This workshop will help you become more familiar with your camera and improve your picture taking results. Participants will:
• play with depth of field in landscape photography, working with aperture settings (f-stop)
• play with shutter speed in capturing moving subjects
• pay attention to point of view, composition and framing
• practice new skills
• meet other photographers
• have an opportunity to register for future workshops
About the Location
Castoro Cellars and Vineyard is a beautiful property located on Bethel Road and HWY 46 West in Templeton. Rolling hills, Oak Trees, dirt roads winding through the vineyard, and a beautiful tasting room and gallery with lovely landscaped grounds. Many scenes to photograph, as well as an abundance of wildlife such as birds, squirrels and hawks.
What to Bring:
• Camera and lenses, batteries, memory cards
• any equipment you want to practice with, such as strobe, filters, tri-pod (optional)
• manuals (so you can look up how to change that setting if you can’t remember)
• a notebook
• comfortable sturdy shoes for exploring the grounds and vineyard if desired
• a hat, if desired, and clothing layers for comfort
Participants bring their own camera and equipment.
Participants must be familiar with their camera (know how to change your settings).
We will have a mid-day break for lunch between blocks of wandering about the grounds taking photos.
Lunch is included.
As always, wine is available by the glass.
Photograph and drink responsibly.
Bio: Lori Steed Sortino has been a photographer since age 11, and while she is a multi-media artist, photography remains her greatest passion as well as her profession. She has a degree in Applied Art and Design from Cal Poly, SLO and lives in Paso Robles.
Lori loves to encourage other photographers:
“None of us know it all. We all have different strengths. We all see differently. Together, we show each other a little bit more of the world around us and a little more about the art of capturing it in images.”
Class size is limited to 8 participants. Pre-registration required (deadline to register is Oct 1st)
Wish You Knew More About How To Use That Camera?
Autumn in the Vineyard Photography Workshop
with Lori Sortino, at Castoro Cellars
10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
$95 (includes lunch)